The requirements for using Flutterwave depends on the country and category of account you are signing up for.
Requirements per country
What If you own a business, but do not have a certificate of incorporation?
We advise that you start up with an individual account and as your business grows. Along the line, when you register your business, you can simply send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your certificate of incorporation and corporate bank account details for your account to be upgraded to a business account.
What happens if you don't submit these documents and bank account information.
Although you might still be able to receive payments via Flutterwave on your platform, your transaction volume will be limited. Moreover, Flutterwave will not be able to settle your funds for you if we don't have your bank account information.
What do I need for a seamless verification process?
To ensure a seamless merchant onboarding process for you during registration/verification of your Flutterwave account, please note the following:
1. For Business account type, there MUST be a corresponding match between your Flutterwave Business Name (Trading name) and the name registered on your Business documents.
2. The Business name MUST match the name on the corporate bank account details uploaded during registration.
3. The contact person’s name registered on your Flutterwave account MUST match the name on the Valid ID to be uploaded.
4. The Valid ID to be uploaded MUST be either of the following - International Passport, Driver’s License or National ID (NIN) Card.
Note: A Valid ID uploaded MUST be the original copy, and not duplicates (photocopy). The temporary (paper) NIN slip is unacceptable. For Driver's License, please upload both sides (front & back) for verification.
5. For registered businesses, remember to input your CAC number where prompted.
6. Lastly, please ensure you have your valid ID handy for live capture as this would be required.