FreshBooks is an accounting software package. FreshBooks products enable small to medium-sized businesses to have access to cloud-based accounting applications that can create and send invoices to clients to bill for time and expertise.
A typical scenario is, you want to automatically create an invoice after a successful transaction. This will help you get detailed info of your customers and their successful transaction on your platform via rave, it also saves time. Zapier handles the backend work, Isn’t that lovely?
1. Accept the Early Access Invitation to use Rave on Zapier. Click on the “Make a Zap” button.
2. Our goal is to create an invoice on our FreshBooks account for every successful transaction on Rave. This means Rave is the Trigger while FreshBooks is the action. Now back to our modal, In the search bar type “Rave” and click on the Rave IconThe next thing to choose the Trigger event for this particular Zap we’re creating. Click the drop-down button under Choose Trigger Event to select the Event you want and choose “New Transaction”.
CLICK ON CONTINUE.
3. The next page is the “Choose account” page. This is where we link our Rave account to the automation we’re creating. Click on the drop-down button and click on Rave. Here’s a pop up modal requesting for Rave Public key and Secret key.
4. To get our Rave API key, we go back to our Rave Dashboard and check the Left Corner and click on “Settings” Navigate to API and there we have our Public key and Secret Key.
5. The next thing is to customise our Transaction.Click on the drop-down button under status and choose “Successful”.
CLICK ON CONTINUE.
6. To test if this first Part is working perfectly, we’ll click on “Find Transfer”. This pulls data from Our Rave Transactions history. Hurray!!! the first part which is the Trigger is completed.
7. Now let's complete the other part which is our Action event. Type on the search bar “FreshBooks” and click the The FreshBooks New option, Next thing to do is to choose an Action Event. Click on the dropdown button, scroll down and click on “Create Other Income”, this option will create an invoice for successful payment transactions made on rave, in your FreshBooks account.
Click on "Continue".
8. Up next is to link your FreshBooks account. Click on the dropdown button and add your FreshBooks account. Here’s a pop modal requesting for authorisation. Log in to your FreshBooks account and allow.
9. The next thing is to Customize Invoice.
For the required fields click on the dropdown button.
Here the first required field is Account and scroll down and choose “Flutterwave”. These fields map with your rave account.
For the Amount field, scroll down and select an amount from the transaction.
For the Amount Code field, scroll down and select Currency.
For the Category field, scroll down and select Online Sales.
10. Fill the amount for Tax Section. For the Name, scroll down and select Customer Name, The source field is required. Select Customer FullName from the drop-down. CLICK ON CONTINUE.
11. Click on Send Test. To check if the test was successful, click send data. The last thing to do is toggle “ Zapp is already turn on”